"Ricoh Global Eco Action" began in 2006 and is organized annually with the aim of enhancing eco-awareness and improving the quality of environmental management. This year will mark the tenth year of the event.
The Ricoh Group promotes sustainable environmental management globally based on the national character, differences in awareness and so on in each region of the world. A lot of people were invited to participate in eco action. To promote appropriate action, the characteristics of each country and region were reflected in the program, and fun and ease of action were also taken into consideration, and each organization within the group proceeded with the program freely. Over these 10 years, the network of participants has expanded from employees to include relatives, friends and customers, and the action program has also evolved in various directions.
The theme for this year’s event is "Sharing the ‘eco mind’ together." We will hold an event with about 110,000 Ricoh Group employees around the world, in Japan, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Americas. As well as taking every opportunity to encourage participation in activities and sharing information via various different media, the aim is to join forces with employees, families, friends, local residents, and customers to develop the scope of eco action on an even larger scale.
Major activities for this year, the "Tenth Anniversary," are shown below.
≪Activities for "United Nations World Environment Day" on June 5≫
- Ricoh will turn off signage on all billboards and Ricoh logo signboards at all Group companies around the world (with the exception of the 100% eco-powered billboards in Tokyo (Ginza), New York, London, and Sydney).
- On June 5, the electricity used by Ricoh Group facilities all over the world will be provided via natural energy by making use of the Renewable Energy Certificate.
- Employees will come to work wearing green articles of clothing and accessories to highlight "Eco Action Month."
- Ricoh Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.
- To hold a panel discussion attended by representatives from companies, governments, and citizen (in collaboration with Eco-Business)
- To hold a WEC (World Environment Center) roundtable on sustainability attended by opinion leaders from all over the world (in collaboration with IBM)
- Ricoh Deutschland GmbH
- To work together with local police and local companies to establish a "Mobility Week" encouraging employees to commute by bicycle and promote environmentally friendly actions in communities
- Ricoh Americas Corporation
- To be a major sponsor (May) of the International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF), the world's largest international pre-college science and technology competition
- Ricoh Company, Ltd.
- To deliver a tenth anniversary commemorative lecture for group employees
- To provide uncooked eco-friendly meals containing organically grown vegetables at the cafeteria
- Ricoh Group employees
- To sign their own eco declarations on the intranet, showing their commitment to actively participating in environmental conservation activities at home and in the community, as well as in the office
Again this year, the Ricoh Group will continue to carry out Ricoh Global Eco Action as a springboard to promote environmental initiatives and awareness all over the world.